Partner | Barrister & Solicitor
Matt Ford grew up in the Ottawa region. After earning his Bachelor and Master degrees in science, Matt subsequently attended the University of British Columbia Faculty of Law in 2007. Matt graduated in 2010 with a Juris Doctorate in Law and moved to Kamloops to complete his articles with us, and in 2014 he became a partner.
Matt has experience advocating on behalf of his clients at the BC Provincial Court, the BC Supreme Court, the BC Court of Appeal, and the Federal Court of Canada. Matt is dedicated to strongly representing his clients’ interests at every stage of their case.
When not in the office, Matt can be found snowboarding on the local ski hills and playing soccer.
Call to the Bar: 2011
Preferred Areas of Practice:
- Personal Injury Litigation – focus on ICBC (plaintiff) claims for motor vehicle accidents
- Civil Litigation – Estate, Wills Variation Actions, Contractual Disputes, Business Disputes
- Criminal Law
- Family Law
- Member, Trial Lawyers Association of BC
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Kamloops Bar Association
Advocate Daily Articles:
- New B.C. accident rules make it vital to call a lawyer: Ford
- Suing the city after an accident part 1
- Suing the city part 2
- Take action to protect yourself after an accident: Ford
- Expert limits prejudice accident victims: Ford
- Party host’s duty to guests does not include policing them: Ford
- Defamation cases part of the #MeToo backlash
- Decision shows value of B.C.’s new wills law
- Liability finding in Calgary LRT assault a ‘wake-up call’ for cities
- Superior preparation is Ford’s competitive advantage